The research “The influence of the policy of caring for women's welfare in the team on the business effectiveness” was carried out by the Council of Women's Initiatives in partnership with the NGO “Actual Woman”, the European Business Association and the Analytical system YouControl during May – August 2021.
The aim of the research was to define approaches to manage the companies for ensuring gender equality and increasing financial indicators of their activities.
To achieve this goal the following tasks were defined and solved:
• to identify barriers to women's professional growth;
• to clarify the factors that influence the approaches of women and men to running companies;
• to determine the influence of women CEO on the financial performance of companies;
• to analyze the internal policies and procedures of companies that affect women's careers.
To analyze the relationships between the financial performance of Ukrainian companies and the presence of women in management positions, we reviewed information on the activities of the TOP-330 companies in terms of revenue in 2019 and 2020. Based on the results of questionnaires and analysis of publicly available information, we formed a database of 110 companies. It contains the following information: income, net profit, short- and long-term liabilities to the bank, profit or loss from operating activities, ultimate beneficial owners, directors, members of the Board of Directors, the Management Board and the Supervisory Board of the company.
As part of the study, CEOs of large companies participated in in-depth interviews, among them:
• Anna Derevyanko, Executive Director of the European Business Association;
• Viktoria Lutsenko, CEO Auchan Retail Ukraine;
• Vira Platonova, Vice President and Regional Director of Visa in 17 countries;
• Iryna Prudnikova, director of ANCOR Ukraine;
• Alla Savchenko, President and Senior Partner of BDO;
• Nataliia Chernyshova, CEO of Mars Ukraine.
We invite you to read the interview following the links:
Professionalism is what matters and it does not depend on gender, – Anna Derevyanko, Executive Director of the European Business Association;
"Women are more demanding of themselves than men are", – Vira Platonova, Vice President and Regional Director of Visa in 17 countries
The differences between men and women are wonderful because we complement each other, – Viktoria Lutsenko, CEO Auchan Retail Ukraine;
Equality is the evaluation of a person not by gender, but by skills, experience, and ambitions, – Alla Savchenko, President and Senior Partner of BDO;
Professional leadership leads to higher company profits, – Iryna Prudnikova, director of ANCOR Ukraine.